The Start/Finish line is located at the Blue Sky trailhead off of 38E across from the Canyon Bar & Grill.
We will have limited parking at the Blue Sky trailhead for full carpools of 2 or more registered runners on a first-come first-serve basis.
Parking for all other participants and spectators will be located in the marina parking lot off of Shoreline Drive. It is a short half mile walk from the Marina parking lot to the start/finish area.
If you live near Fort Collins, Colorado and would like to coordinate a carpool with local participants, please join the Fort Collins Trail Runners Facebook Group and post your ride sharing suggestions or requests.
Other regional running groups that you might be able to connect with to coordinate carpooling are the Denver Trail Runners and the Boulder Trail Runners. Please make sure you follow their specific rules for posting on their message boards.
A common meeting location in Fort Collins is at JJ’s at the corner of Harmony and Taft. This is not an official park-n-ride location but there is a large parking lot, gas station, and convenience store here. JJ’s is conveniently located just before you continue west on 38E out of town on the way to Horsetooth Mountain Park.
Race participants will not be required to pay the park day use fee. Parking volunteers will hand out event parking passes when you arrive on race morning. Passes must be visible on your dashboard. Any vehicles without a race pass or valid Larimer County parks pass will be ticketed.
**Parking is not allowed anywhere on 38E, along Shoreline Drive, or on any connecting residential street.**
- Take I-25 north to the Harmony Road/Timnath exit (#265).
- Head west on Harmony Road for 7 miles where it becomes County Road 38E at the Taft Hill Road intersection.
- Continue west on 38E around the south end of Horsetooth Reservoir.
- Turn right onto Shoreline Drive (immediately after passing the Blue Sky trailhead on the right and the Canyon Grill on the left)
- Pass by the service station and first set of campsites. Follow the “Parking” signs and bear right into the campgrounds, past the guard station and to the large dirt lot.
- From the parking area walk south on the gravel path on the west side of the lot next to Shoreline Dr through the campgrounds to the Blue Sky trailhead.
View Blue Sky Marathon in a larger map
Much of the course is run on trails that are not easily accessible to spectators.
The best viewing points will be the Start/Finish line at the Blue Sky Trailhead, the Soderberg Trailhead, and the Hunter Loop turn around.
- For the Start/Finish, park in the marina parking area (see above) and walk over, please DO NOT drive through or park at the Start/Finish.
- To access the Soderberg Trailhead, continue North on Shoreline drive and make a left into the trailhead parking lot. If the parking lot is full, you may park in the marina parking area and walk north through the campground to the trailhead.
- To access the Hunter loop (turn around), drive to the Devils Backbone parking lot near Loveland. Take Highway 34 West from Loveland and take a right onto Hidden Valley Rd and follow signs to the Devils Backbone parking lot. Follow the trail North up the hill to the junction of the Wild and Hunter loops.
While the entire trail system is open to the public, due to the high volume of traffic on the course we ask that friends and family refrain from hiking or biking further onto the course. Crewing and pacing by foot or by bike is not allowed and will result in the disqualification of your runner.
Lodging & Camping
Camping is available near the race start at the Horsetooth Reservoir Inlet Bay campground.
On race weekend, there should be plenty of open camp spaces so reservations won’t be required.
Click here to find more detailed information and online reservations.
Spots I23 through I26 at the south end of the campground will be the closest to the new Blue Sky Trailhead start/finish area.
There are several hotels on Harmony Road between Timberline Road and College Ave that are 20 minutes from the start. Any hotel in the Fort Collins area will be within a 30 minute drive from the start.