Optional pre-race packet pickup will be held at Altitude Running 150 East Harmony Rd, Fort Collins, CO 80525 (NE corner of College and Harmony) from 4:00pm – 7:00pm on Friday.
**Bib numbers will not be handed out at Friday packet pickup**
You will need to check in on race day between 5:30am and 6:30am to get your bib number to be officially entered into the race.
Race Day Saturday, October 20th, 2018
Below you will find an itinerary for the race day proceedings; including check-in times, directions to the parking and start/finish, and rules for spectators.
5:30am-6:30am: Marathon check-in at the Blue Sky Trailhead. You MUST check in to receive your bib number to be officially entered into the race.
6:45am: Marathon pre-race briefing at the Start/Finish line.
7:00am: Marathon start!
Marathon Cut Off Times:
- 10:00am: Marathon runner must check out of the Blue Sky Start/Finish aid station by 10:00am (Mile 9.2)
- 12:30pm: Marathon runners must reach the Indian Summer South aid station outbound (Mile 15.6)
- 1:45pm: Marathon runners must reach the Indian Summer South aid station inbound (Mile 20.3)
- 4:00pm: Finish Line Cut Off.
Aid station volunteers at the Indian Summer South aid station must enforce these cut off times to ensure that we can clear the course within the time frame that the Park has allowed for this event.
Post Race Food
Food and beverages will be provided at the post race BBQ from 10am to 4pm at the Blue Sky trailhead finish area.
Awards and Raffle
1:30pm: Marathon Awards and Raffle
Shower facilities are available at the marina parking lot. The cost is $1 per token (minimum 2 tokens).
Much of the course is run on trails that are not easily accessible to spectators.
The best viewing points will be the Start/Finish line at the Blue Sky Trailhead, the Soderberg Trailhead, and the Hunter Loop turn around.
- For the Start/Finish, park in the marina parking area (see above) and walk over, please DO NOT drive through or park at the Start/Finish.
- To access the Soderberg Trailhead, continue North on Shoreline drive and make a left into the trailhead parking lot. If the parking lot is full, you may park in the marina parking area and walk north through the campground to the trailhead.
- To access the Hunter loop (turn around), drive to the Devils Backbone parking lot near Loveland. Take Highway 34 West from Loveland and take a right onto Hidden Valley Rd and follow signs to the Devils Backbone parking lot. Follow the trail North up the hill to the junction of the Wild and Hunter loops.
While the entire trail system is open to the public, due to the high volume of traffic on the course we ask that friends and family refrain from hiking or biking further onto the course. Crewing and pacing by foot or by bike is not allowed and will result in the disqualification of your runner.