- Start: Blue Sky Trailhead, Horsetooth Mountain Park. Fort Collins, CO
- Distance: 26.7 miles with ~3,500′ of vertical gain and ~3,500′ of descent
- Mode of Transportation: Foot
- Date: November 14, 2020
- Start Times: 7:00-8:45 AM (Wave Starts)
- Cut Off: 9 Hours
- 1 UTMB Point
- Jennifer Elle Photography (Towers)
- Use your email + pin 3206 to login and download
- Ed Delosh (Start/Finish)
Taking place on the trails between Horsetooth Mountain Park and the Devil’s Backbone Open Space, the course takes you on a north-south tour of the easternmost hogbacks of Northern Colorado’s mighty Front Range. With 3,500 feet of elevation gain and an equal amount of elevation loss, the route offers a little bit of something for everyone. It is designed to appeal to both veteran trail runners and those looking to experience their first trail racing adventure. The generous nine hour cut-off should ensure a successful day for everyone.
The course is 100% dirt and 90% sweet Colorado singletrack. The terrain ranges in difficulty from smooth dirt trail to technical rock gardens. A small portion of the route is on smooth dirt road (no motor vehicle access) and gravel bike path, with the meat of the running done on the beautiful and distinctive redstone hardpack of the Blue Sky Trail.
After the race, kick back and enjoy the always-popular barbeque and generous sponsor giveaways.