We hope for close-to-normal conditions on race day 2021, as related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Current race information reflects a normal year. Details may change as race day approaches, and any changes will be communicated to registered runners well in advance. For reference, here are the 2020 COVID Safety Protocols.
The Start/Finish line is located at the Blue Sky trailhead off of 38E across from the Canyon Bar & Grill.
Race participants will not be required to pay the park day use fee. Parking volunteers will hand out event parking passes when you arrive on race morning. Passes must be visible on your dashboard. Any vehicles without a race pass or valid Larimer County parks pass will be ticketed.
Spectators will be required to have a Larimer County annual pass or purchase a park day pass.
Parking for all participants and spectators will be located in the marina parking lot off of Shoreline Drive. It is a short half mile walk from the Marina parking lot to the start/finish area.
Parking is in designated parking spaces only. There is no parking allowed in the campground areas (unless you have reserved and paid for a nearby camp site.)
Runner/Spectator Drop Off
Drop offs can be made at the small turn out off Shoreline Drive just around the corner from the Blue Sky Trailhead. Vehicles should not stop anywhere on the side of 38E.
**Parking is not allowed anywhere on 38E, along Shoreline Drive, or on any connecting residential street.**
- Take I-25 north to the Harmony Road/Timnath exit (#265).
- Head west on Harmony Road for 7 miles where it becomes County Road 38E at the Taft Hill Road intersection.
- Continue west on 38E around the south end of Horsetooth Reservoir.
- Turn right onto Shoreline Drive (immediately after passing the Blue Sky trailhead on the right and the Canyon Grill on the left)
- Pass by the service station and first set of campsites. Follow the “Parking” signs and bear right into the campgrounds, past the guard station and to the large dirt lot.
- From the parking area walk south on the gravel path on the west side of the lot next to Shoreline Dr through the campgrounds to the Blue Sky trailhead.
Lodging & Camping
Camping is available near the race start at the Horsetooth Reservoir Inlet Bay campground.
On race weekend, there should be plenty of open camp spaces so reservations won’t be required.
Click here to find more detailed information and online reservations.
Spots I23 through I26 at the south end of the campground will be the closest to the new Blue Sky Trailhead start/finish area.
There are several hotels on Harmony Road between Timberline Road and College Ave that are 20 minutes from the start. Any hotel in the Fort Collins area will be within a 30 minute drive from the start.